Adult Roo - What breed is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TracyChick, May 13, 2010.

1. TracyChick

TracyChick New Egg

May 9, 2010
    I got this rooster a year ago as part of a package deal with 7 golden comet hens. Im not sure what he is, the guy I bought them from said they were all golden comets. The hens definitely are but I dont think he is. [​IMG] What do you all think he is? Thanks

[​IMG]

2. TXCountryGal

TXCountryGal Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    I think he is a Faverolles, you can look up pages and there are many I am sure but looking at his colorations as well as the patterns, this is what you have! [​IMG]

3. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Quote:double post

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. damarisgw

May 29, 2009
    Quote:Favorelles have feathered legs and are bearded and this rooster has neither of the two

5. damarisgw

May 29, 2009
  6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I wish I knew but what I do know is that it is not a Faverolle for sure. He is handsome though.

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    He is just a mix of many breeds, definitely not a faverolle. The bird in the craigslist post is an EE.

8. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Golden comets are a sex linked hybred, so yes he probably is one, the males will look different then the females.

9. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, he sure is pretty! I don't have an answer either, but you've given me hope for our "Hiccup" who was supposed to be a Golden Comet pullet, but at six weeks has been looking more like the model for the typical rubber chicken than your boy. [​IMG]

10. Mervin

Mervin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Comets are a composite breed so it's very likely he's a Comet I'd say. He seems to be showing a lot of his "Red" rooster lineage, but I think you can see something of a Colombian pattern in their.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by