Adult Slate Turkey pair for sale - texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tbooher1, Apr 21, 2009.

1. tbooher1

tbooher1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I have a pair of slate turkeys for sale. I am asking 75.00. Pickup only in East Texas. They are from 2008 hatch. The female is laying eggs.

2. bmbetsy

bmbetsy Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    Southeast Texas
    Where exactly in East Texas? Texas is pretty big!

3. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    We are off of Hwy 19, between Athens and Palestine. Your right, even East Texas is BIG!!!! [​IMG]

4. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I still have one pair left. Does any one want to pick up this pair of turkeys?

5. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    if u could ship i live in delaware. and would love to buy them if u could ship jus pm with the price including shipping thanks

6. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I wouldn't know how to start to ship the turkeys, they are so heavy.

Chicken boxes, that I have had, have a maximum weight of 8#. and that cost 40.00 for the shipping.

Wow the shipping cost would knock us down, I would think. Have you any experience with shipping something so big?

Theresa

7. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    no i dont sorry but i was thinking if shipping was around like 100 or less .ill call and see if i cant figure it out. do u have pics

8. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    Here is a picture. And they might could be shipped for 100 plus crating cost, but I'm not really sure. The rules for fowl are different. But you can ship a dog for about 150 plus crate.
    But that might be some mighty expensive turkeys.

Hey are you into incubating? I have 6 Slate turkey eggs. I ship them safely all over the US with pretty good results.

They would only cost 28.00 including priority mail. Is that a good idea?

Theresa

[​IMG]

9. bmbetsy

bmbetsy Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    Southeast Texas
    Have you hatched out any of your eggs? MY hen has been laying and I have a tom with her, but so far I can't tell if the eggs are fertile. I would love to get a few babies. How many total turkeys do you have?

10. tbooher1

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I have some in the incubator but I don't have any chicks yet. SInce I was getting rid of the slates, I didn't set any, but I was selling them and others have hatched from this pair. Mine will come soon I guess.

Have you incubated your eggs and candled them. Are they just clear, or do you get masses but no hatch?

I have only this one pair of slates left. I have 15 royal palms and decided to only carry one breed. I started with 15 blue slates this year but have sold them all but this pair.

Theresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by