adults afarid of new chicks

puddleducks2329

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
East Chatham
So I just got two 8 week old choc. runners very cute- my two adult ducks are terrified of the little ones. They were all out together yesterday and today. The two chicks are desperate to be with the adults but the adults run away the as soon as they see the chicks. Its very comical the two little chicks todleing and skwaking after the two adults. I am sure they will get used to one another when the chick are grown a bit- is this common?

So I just got two 8 week old choc. runners very cute- my two adult ducks are terrified of the little ones. They were all out together yesterday and today. The two chicks are desperate to be with the adults but the adults run away the as soon as they see the chicks. Its very comical the two little chicks todleing and skwaking after the two adults. I am sure they will get used to one another when the chick are grown a bit- is this common?
Well at least you can be thankful the adults aren't trying to hurt the toddlers. They will get use to each other, try feeding them all some very tasty treats all together that may break the ice some. And don't forget the pics.

i had my flock of adult ducks panic every time they seen a duckling the smaller the more terrifying Idk why they would eat a mouse but show them a day old duckling the same size and they would be in the next county the second it moved
lau.gif

That is great, being new to ducks, I am shocked at how scared they are . . . Of EVERYTHING! I mean really scared. But they are cute! Would love to see a pic just to laugh at the size issue!

Back
Top Bottom