Adventures in Chick herding. All for NOT!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LoneCowboy, Nov 17, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    What a day. I have a guy coming to pick up 18 chicks today. They are 7 weeks old, and I had to round them up. I'm glad I did it in advance, because they all freaked out. Just imagin 50 freaked out 7 week olds. They were flying out of the coop, then I'd have to chase the excapee down. It kept going on like that till I finally separated 18 chicks. Have you ever tried to count chicks? It isn't easy. I ended up with too many EEer's in the lot. Oh well, I fixed it.

Now if he doesn't show up I'll be cranky!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    So after I went to all the trouble to get them all sorted out, the guy calls and says he can't come till tomorrow!!! Out of 5 people who are buying chicks from me, and who have known what day they had to pick them up, for over a month!! Not one could make it today. So guess what, I'm out of food for them. I have to go buy a whole 50 lbs bag just to get through a few more days. :thun

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, how rude! People just love to waste your time these days, don't they? Sorry for your troubles.

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    After a while you get tired of things like that and enforce a policy of paying up front for chicks and if not picked up on time there is a daily boarding fee. It works like a charm. [​IMG]

5. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    So these people (2 different sets) were supposed to show up today to get their chickens after not showing up yesterday. It's now almost 4pm and they haven't shown. Starting to get dark, and I'm starting to get really cranky :thun

Tempted to put them back on Craigslist. Grrr :mad:

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think I'd tell them they were sold. You figured they didn't want them after being stood up twice, so you passed them over. Do you have them on BST here at BYC?

7. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    No, because I kinda already have a waiting list. I'm just too nice. I should just sell them and be done. But stupid me puts up with every excuse people can come up with. Even the wild boar scaring the hens so they won't lay. Gee, it's not be a good chicken week for me.

8. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I understand your frustration, I have been waiting for eggs or a refund on some eggs from a person on ebay since Oct 18th. She is still giving me excuses. I am about to file a case with paypal.

I hope you can get someone buy your chicks soon.

jackie

9. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Hey, me too! what kind of eggs are you waiting for? Maybe it's the same person!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by