1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

adventures in phamacopoeia UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 3, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I reluctantly started a new med. last night that the rheumatologist gave me yesterday. [​IMG]

Okay, who moved the walls of my house while I was sleeping. I've run into three this morning that I could have sworn were elsewhere. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Uh ooh! [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Aha! I figured it was you Red! Would you mind putting them back? At least until I finish my coffee. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, Kat, you don't make me want to see a rheumatologist anytime soon, LOL. Hope you adjust to the meds.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Aha! I figured it was you Red! Would you mind putting them back? At least until I finish my coffee. [​IMG]

Okay...i put them back.

I hope these meds at least help you to feel better! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Hehehe I'm at the lowest dose right now. I'm s'pose to increase it over a period of three weeks.
    This should be interesting. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

oh, dear. [​IMG] Hopefully, this odd side effect will go away.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just researched this med. Something I usually do before I start taking any new prescription. I have concerns that I'll take up with my internist when I see him on the 19th. I asked him about this medicine back when it first came out. He told me he wasn't convinced it was safe, yet it was the very first thing the rheumatologist handed me. [​IMG]

Turns out that even when I increase the dose over three weeks, I'll still be taking a very low dosage of it (150 mg.). I can't believe people take up to 600 mg. of this stuff and still function!
    I'm already so ditzy on it I'm ready to dye my hair red and change my name to Lucy Ricardo. [​IMG]

9. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Rheumatologist as in Rheumatoid Arthritis? My mom has Rheumatoid Arthritis and she is on Humira and Methyltrxate. Both are shots, and the latter is used to cure Malaria, and as a chemo drug.

Quote:

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

LOL!!!! Hey Lucy, I'm home!!! I hope the medication works out for you. I have adverse reactions to many meds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by