Adventures Of Eight Puff Balls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Indianfeathers, May 14, 2011.

1. Indianfeathers

Indianfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    On a bright and sunny day 8 little puff balls were born. It was loud, noisy and so very exciting. After several hours more and more puff balls were born and soon it was so crowded. One little puff ball said “ It is way too crowded and stuffy in here, I am going on an adventure who will come with me”. All of the eight puff balls who were first born got excited, that they boarded a cardboard box in set of an adventure. The eight puff balls argued over where to go and it was finally settled when they heard about a wonderful vacationland called Maine. One brown puff ball asked “how are we going to get there?”. The head puff ball said “There is a huge metal chicken who will fly us there”
    There was excitement in the air as they boarded the Metal chicken for their first flight. It was a long, Long ride on the metal chicken. The eight puff balls did not get a window seat and it was very dark. All the puff balls were bored and snuggled down in the hay beds and fell asleep. When they awoke Featherless chickens were hustling and bustling about moving bins of envelope around a brightly lit room! The puff balls were suddenly getting very hungry and thirsty. All the puff balls began to cheep loudly with complaints! One puff ball asked ”When are we going to taste those lovely Maine blueberries that we read about?” Another puff ball said “I have been dreaming of big fat bugs to eat!” The head puff ball had to restore order “listen up everyone, we are on an adventure it is not always going to be easy or fun….that is why it is called an adventure!

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. Indianfeathers

Mar 29, 2011
    PART 2
    Before they knew it their cardboard box was on the move again. Excited about what was next on the adventure. They all peered out the peek holes to see where they were off to. All they could see was a featherless chicken sitting next to them holding onto a big circle and singing a happy tune. One puff ball said “boy she needs to work on her clucking it is awful”. Soon they came to a stop and all the puff balls heard small excited clucking that got them all happy to get out of the traveling cardboard box. Slowly the lid came off it was so bright that at first they could not see anything at all, but they could hear was pleasant clucking (that they could not understand). The head puff ball said “These must be foreign Chickens I do not understand a word of their clucking”. Another puff ball said “of course they are foreign look they have no feathers; but they do, do a lot of clucking”. One by one each puff ball was picked up by the featherless hen, who dipped their beaks into water, then food and placed into a huge blue plastic bin. “Help, she is trying to drown me!” screamed one puff ball. “Now look at my beak I am a total mess, there is food crumb all over it….how will I ever get it off” said another puff ball. The head chicken had to re-store order again “now calm down no one is trying to hurt us, maybe it is their way of welcoming us to their home”. After all was calm the puff balls started to explore their environment. “hey I like it here” said brown puff ball. “Yeah, nice soft bedding, a large water tower and a all you can eat food tower as well” said black puff ball. “Let’s all settle in and get some much needed rest” said the head puff ball. “ I just wish the featherless chickens would stop staring as us” said red puff ball.
    [​IMG]

4. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    [​IMG]

5. Grace11

Grace11 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    “boy she needs to work on her clucking it is awful”

[​IMG]

6. Indianfeathers

Mar 29, 2011
    PART 3

[​IMG]
    A major meeting was held and it was decided that they all liked it here with the featherless chickens and were going to stay. As the days went by every puff ball noticed that every time they got picked up and snuggled they kept hearing the same word over and over. It was a diferent word for each puff ball. "what does this mean asked one of the red puff balls. The head puff ball said "I was told by a old cicken before we left that if we heard the same word over and over it meant that it was a special name given to us by those that love us. so as it was: the 3 red puff balls were known as: Ruby, Bosshilda and Kidney. the 3 black puff balls were known as: Raven, Penquin and Midge. The 2 brown puff balls were known as: Curious and Ducky

7. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    lol love it. [​IMG]

8. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Great story and adorable babies!

9. Indianfeathers

Mar 29, 2011
    thank you all for enjoying. i am doing this funny story in memory of 2 hens that I lost over the winter. I almost lost my Roo as well this winter. I never wanted a Roo and when he almost died i nursed him back to health and we bonded over it and have become the best of friends. He is still struggling with his right foot. I am a first timer having chickens and the rest are almost 1 year old.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. Indianfeathers

Mar 29, 2011
    THE CUDDLER

The chicks were visited daily by a small featherless chicken that they came to call the “snuggler”. As they became accustom to being held the chicks look forward to the snuggler visiting and giving each one her special attention. When she did not visit they would peep loudly until she would arrive and gave each one a snuggle of comfort. Special treats only pacified them for a brief moment.

[​IMG]

Aaaaahhhh! there's the snuggler, I love it when she comes and visits!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by