Advice and an Answer please...

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
well my mutt duck eggs never made it
hit.gif
the two that had pipped early died and all the others never opened their air sack.. tonight me and my brother opened one to see what was wrong because the eggs started turning a dark color and they were all gone but formed. Any ideas what happened?

Also.. just a few days before their lockdown my chicken eggs hatched early before I could get them into a homemade incubator so I wouldnt have to worry about cleaning the incubator for my other eggs. I dont have all the parts for the homemade one just yet but could that have been what killed my duck eggs? if so I have 12 BEI eggs in the incubator now due in 2 weeks! Is there anyway I can take them out and give the incubator a quick wash and put that back in?? could I warm up a towel in the dryer and sat that in something and lay the eggs in there and run like heck and wash it real fast? what should I do??

So many factors go into hatching eggs, it's really hard sometimes to figure out exactly what goes wrong with them. I don't think it would hurt to wash your bator out really quickly especially if something has hatched in it. After all a broody hen comes off the nest at least once a day to eat, drink, and go poo. Just be quick about it so they don't cool off too long.

What Jewell said... you could put a towel in the microwave, heat it and set the eggs inside it while you are cleaning the bator.... but it will take it a bit to get back up to temp and proper humidity.

Back
Top Bottom