Advice appreciated... Hen or Cockeral

SXWWK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Romford, Essex.
Hello everyone,

Whilst I am not a regular poster, I have been a member of the forums for 4 years (I used to own quail, but always wanted chickens...) I have always browsed the forums just reading.

I am now fortunate to be the proud new owner of 2 - 6 week old Orpingtons (1 lemon and I'm not sure what the grey one is called...??? if someone could tell me please?)

I was given them as a result of our school having hatching eggs and wanted them to continue living with someone they knew, so I took them on not knowing their gender...

I had on order some goldline hybrids from a local dealer and have just got them, they are almost a week old... as they are female there is no issue with them!

I would like to ask your opinions on the gender of the other two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks loads x

SXWWK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Romford, Essex.
Just to clear up my confusion....

there are 2 birds in the photos:

1 lemon and 1 grey

I want to try and work out the sex of each, although I have posted multiple photos of them...

Thanks for your reply x

BantamLover21

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
The Lemon one is a cockerel, but the other one looks like a pullet for now. Could you get some side-profile photos?

SXWWK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Romford, Essex.
Yeah I'll try and take some side shots tomorrow if I can get them to stand still - hehe.... they are rather bouncy... well the lemon one is very lively! Thanks so much for any advice, I really appreciate it!

SXWWK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Romford, Essex.
I took a couple of photos tonight, as they were calming down for bedtime... not sure if they are any help?

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
the lemon barred already has a reddened comb indicating it is a cockerel the blue looks to be a pullet so far. give it about another 5-8 weeks and then repost pics

Top Bottom