Advice for coop and run please

Dawn Patrick

Hatching
Oct 8, 2017
I am new to chicken keeping. I want to rebuild my current run.
I have a coop which was bought from the shop and I am making a run to attach to it.
Any advice on how to set it out, flooring, where to put there feed and water etc would be appreciated. Can I use the plastic chicken wire on the run?
Thank you in advance

I am new to chicken keeping. I want to rebuild my current run.
I have a coop which was bought from the shop and I am making a run to attach to it.
Any advice on how to set it out, flooring, where to put there feed and water etc would be appreciated. Can I use the plastic chicken wire on the run?
Thank you in advance
I was in your shoes and remodeled a store bought coop. Never was good never fit my needs. Start new build a new coop to your needs and wants. Then sell off your other pos and recoupe some of the money you spent the first time. Trust me you'll be much more happier in the end. And you'll have a solid coop/pen

Do not use plastic chicken wire. If you are smart , you will not use chicken wire for your run at all. Read through the predator posts. Dogs and other animals rip chicken wire apart. Most people use hardware cloth, welded wire or both.
Good luck and enjoy your build.

I was in your shoes and remodeled a store bought coop. Never was good never fit my needs. Start new build a new coop to your needs and wants. Then sell off your other pos and recoupe some of the money you spent the first time. Trust me you'll be much more happier in the end. And you'll have a solid coop/pen
Thank you. What would you advise putting on the floor

Back
Top Bottom