Advice for fussy eaters!

katriwillens

Hatching
Sep 26, 2020
Hi
My free range chickens like cooked pearl barley with a bit of bonemeal, poultry spice (mineral supplement) and mealworms mixed in. They eat v little pellets (even if mashed). I have also tried them on Garvo chicken feed which they will eat some of but they will mainly tuck into the pearl barley mix. I'd like to get them back into eating commercial feed (mash or pellets). Favourite treats are cheese and yoghurt. Any advise?

Hi
My free range chickens like cooked pearl barley with a bit of bonemeal, poultry spice (mineral supplement) and mealworms mixed in. They eat v little pellets (even if mashed). I have also tried them on Garvo chicken feed which they will eat some of but they will mainly tuck into the pearl barley mix. I'd like to get them back into eating commercial feed (mash or pellets). Favourite treats are cheese and yoghurt. Any advise?
Chickens won’t starve themselves. Stop cold turkey with the treats for a short time and they will tuck in on the feed! Maybe you could mix it with some water to make a mash to make it more enticing?

Back
Top Bottom