My rooster has gone lame/wry necked and is wasting away despite eating ok. I have been putting this off for a long while because he was one of my favorites (my avatar)...but I just can't watch him go as slowly as he is. I KNOW I need to euthanize him, but I need to find someone to do a clean cervical dislocation for me because I just can't do it. I want to send him off to the state vet for a necropsy, but I need advice on how to prepare and ship him for it. The accession form I filled out said to remove insulation fluff and I'm not sure what that means. I also have a dilemma because I'm coming to this epiphany at the start of the weekend when it's too late to ship. Should I wait until Monday to euthanize him? What if he goes before then...where do I store him? He cannot be frozen and I highly doubt my mother would appreciate having a dead rooster in her fridge. As for shipping, I have a styrofoam cooler, but I need ideas on how to keep it chilled during overnight shipping without making a mess. Thanks in advance. I'm really hoping this necropsy will give me the answers I'm looking for.