My babies were 6 weeks old yesterday. The coop is done except for some cosmetic stuff (another coat of paint and trim put up). The babies are still in my basement in 2 big boxes which they are quickly outgrowing. They figured out about 3 weeks ago how to escape from the box and trying to keep up with the poo all over my basement is daunting and dirty. I was going to move the babies outside last week to their coop but had a couple of delays due to the fence guy. He promised me it would be done by this afternoon. Now I just received a call from him saying he "forgot" it was a holiday weekend and won't be coming back until Tuesday now. Getting on to my question: I know the chicks should be locked in the coop for a few days to "imprint" this as their new home. However, I need to go in and out to feed them and check on them. Should I wait until the fence is up as insurance so if they do storm the people door and escape they can be easily contained and caught? Or will they be freaked out in their new place for a few days that I won't have problems with escapees? Would you move them out today (and spend the rest of the day finally scrubbing the basement!) or wait until the fence is up? Thanks!