Advice needed for Pecan Recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by 65browneyes, Dec 5, 2008.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Anybody have a tried and true Praline Pecan recipe? I was sure I'd seen one here before, but my search came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Topic/Subject edited to more accurately describe what it is that I am looking for.

Subject edited again to reflect my new need for advice.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have one for candied pecans.......

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Praline Pecans

2 c sugar
    1 c buttermilk
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 Tb butter
    4-4 1/2 c pecan halves

In a large heavy saucepan, cook the sugar, buttermilk, and baking soda on medium-high heat to the soft-ball candy stage. (at 234 to 240 degrees, when a bit is dropped into ice water, it will form a ball that keeps its shape; when removed from the water it flattens out).

Stir frequently! Cook until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in the butter.

Add the pecans and stir until thoroughly until coated.

Cover a flat cookie sheet with wax paper, and pour the pecans onto it. Separate the pecans right away and allow to cool.

4. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    "Candied" Pecans? Please share that one!

Thanks for the Praline Recipe!!

5. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    I was thinking(actually,drooling,while thinking of pralines)the other day.We always buy them at a candy shop when we go to down to Savannah. I tried to make them once,they didn't turn out though...I'll try again with your recipe...[​IMG]

6. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I edited the topic of this thread from Praline Pecan to Candied Pecan. I think I was looking for the wrong thing initially.

Thanks in advance!

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

You want the ones with sugar and cinnamon?

8. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Guess I'm kinda looking for any candied pecan recipe. I'm still at the 'rolling the idea in my head' stage.

Thanks!

9. emilyfrancis

emilyfrancis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    We make them for salad a few times a week and we just chop them to the desired size, put them in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes, then add a little butter then maple syrup (a few tablespoons) until they're well coated.
    yum

10. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Sugar Coated Pecans

1# whole pecans
    1T water
    1 egg white
    1c sugar
    1t cinnamon
    1t salt

Beat the egg white and water until fluffy. Stir in the sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add the pecans and stir until well coated. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 300 deg for 15 minutes. Turn pecans and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let cool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by