ADVICE NEEDED! injured Comb

Kimmi500

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Hi All,
I need some advice from you guys! My Rooster Clifford has a big sore on his comb. It started when the weather started turning cold. First I thought it might be frost bite. However, seeing everyone else's photos of frost bite, it doesn't look like what Clifford has going on. I hope it is not serious! He is a great rooster, very sweet to us and his girls.

He is housed with his hens, in a secure coop with plenty of ventilation. He is about 1.5-2 years old. He is fed GMO free feed with occasional scratch grains, and he gets to free range during the day. They also have Apple Cider Vinegar in their water.

Any advice would be appreciated so much! Thanks for reading!
Kim

Hi All,
I need some advice from you guys! My Rooster Clifford has a big sore on his comb. It started when the weather started turning cold. First I thought it might be frost bite. However, seeing everyone else's photos of frost bite, it doesn't look like what Clifford has going on. I hope it is not serious! He is a great rooster, very sweet to us and his girls.
He is housed with his hens, in a secure coop with plenty of ventilation. He is about 1.5-2 years old. He is fed GMO free feed with occasional scratch grains, and he gets to free range during the day. They also have Apple Cider Vinegar in their water.
Any advice would be appreciated so much! Thanks for reading!
Kim

I would put some painkiller free neosporin on the wound and keep an eye on it. To me it doesnt look that bad at all. My friend had a rooster that got into a fight and had his wattle torn off and she didnt do anything about it really.

Back
Top Bottom