Advice needed with incubator temps.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Gdiii20, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Gdiii20

Gdiii20 New Egg

Mar 2, 2015
    Hello all,
    My temps in the incubator were fluctuating from 105-88 deg finally got the temp lined out to 99.5-101 staying steady there. My question is the eggs had already been in the incubator for 3 days while temp was fluctuating will they be affected by it or are they still ok???? Please Help

Thanks Gilbert

2. Bradfordj

Bradfordj Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Depends how long they stayed at 105, remember that temp is ambient air temp in the bator not egg temp. The eggs take time absorb or shed the heat. I think you are ok. Wait until day 7 and candle them to see how its making going. Good luck. Remember when adjusting temp to wait a few hours for everything to settle before adjusting again, and if your bator has temp issues, try setting up a few days ahead of time to work out these kinks. Good luck!

3. Gdiii20

Gdiii20 New Egg

Mar 2, 2015
    Thanks Brad, Some had been in there 7 days already, and you could see there development, and 28 more eggs were put in there yesterday so I think I should be ok.

4. Bradfordj

Bradfordj Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Adding egg can fluctuate temps aswell, the new eggs will cooler absorbing more, it may take a day to get that settled, however I wouldn't panic adjusting anything during this time, in theory it should balance out. At this point wait until day 14 to check for further development, Im sure it will be fine though. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by