Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by loveacatahoula, Oct 19, 2011.

1. loveacatahoula

loveacatahoula Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Hephzibah, GA
    Help! I need advice. This past weekend, while we were away during the day a stray dog, coyote, or fox killed out flock of chickens. We managed to find all but one of the bodies and buried them. My children just called me as they just got home from school and found one last chicken ALIVE. All of her flock mates are gone. Will she be ok by herself till I can find her some friends? Am I overreacting for fearing I am going to lose her to loneliness? Any advice?
    Dana

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, she will be fine by herself until you can get her some friends. But maybe pay her some special attention since she's the sole survivor.

So sorry for your losses! Terrible! [​IMG]

Sharon

3. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    I am so sorry to hear that, [​IMG] This same thing happened to my sister though, something got to her flock and she thought they had all been killed till the next day I was leaving her house and heard one clucking under the porch, she had it by itself for a few weeks until she was able to get more friends and she was fine. Good luck, and I hope yours will be ok too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by