Advice Needed

nyumbakuku

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
My girls are 3 months. They have been healthy and growing normally. 2 days ago my Barred Rock seemed lathargic at bedtime. Next day (yesterday) by noon it was clear that she had something wrong. Symptoms: not moving much, not appearing to eat or drink, and her breast in front seems very large. I seperated her, but she has no runny eyes, no cough, no fever, no mouth breathing, just sits. She does not fall over and when she does walk, she is not dizzy or limping. I think she has something amiss in her breast. It seems to sudden to be a growth. i have picked her up to examine and don't really feel anything other than a lot of feather bones in the area. (maybe that's normal?) I know she has drank as i observed her closely in her isolation cage. i put electrolites and probiotics in the water. not sure if she has eaten. I am attaching pictures that are not real clear but maybe you can see the lump on her breast. Not sure what to do? Any thoughts helpful. Mary (the last photo might be the best example of the lump)

nchls school

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Tennessee
My girls are 3 months. They have been healthy and growing normally. 2 days ago my Barred Rock seemed lathargic at bedtime. Next day (yesterday) by noon it was clear that she had something wrong. Symptoms: not moving much, not appearing to eat or drink, and her breast in front seems very large. I seperated her, but she has no runny eyes, no cough, no fever, no mouth breathing, just sits. She does not fall over and when she does walk, she is not dizzy or limping. I think she has something amiss in her breast. It seems to sudden to be a growth. i have picked her up to examine and don't really feel anything other than a lot of feather bones in the area. (maybe that's normal?) I know she has drank as i observed her closely in her isolation cage. i put electrolites and probiotics in the water. not sure if she has eaten. I am attaching pictures that are not real clear but maybe you can see the lump on her breast. Not sure what to do? Any thoughts helpful. Mary (the last photo might be the best example of the lump)
It may be an impacted crop. Keep her warm and continue with what you are doing. If this does not improve soon consider a veterinarian.

Top Bottom