Advice on chick that is not eating

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nikolairapunzel, Jul 2, 2016.

1. nikolairapunzel

nikolairapunzel Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2015
    I have a chick hatched on Tuesday that the mom rejected and attacked. It is injured on the side of it's head and neck, but the injury seems to be healing. It will be without sight on that side as well:( This chick is the only chick that hatched. It drinks by itself now, but barely does anything. It sits under the lamp almost always. I put out crumbles, I wet the crumbles into a mash, I almost liquefied the crumbles, I tried scrambled egg. This chick does not eat anything. I gave it some electrolytes and yesterday started with the baby vitamins. If I drip it onto it's beak it drinks a little sort of.
    I think this chick is lonely for sure, but I have not been able to find a companion for it, to see if that helps. It's poops are green and watery, what little it has. Does anyone have advice? I don't know what else to try. Thanks.

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi! I'm not sure about eating, I'd just say to keep trying foods and dipping its beak into the water. If you don't have any other chicks, sometimes people put a stuffed animal into the brooder to give it some company, or a mirror. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. nikolairapunzel

nikolairapunzel Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2015
    Thanks for the reply!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by