Advice on Hatching Black East Indies Please.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rainstorm, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    I have 12 eggs (11 I believe one I wouldnt really tell) Due to hatch on the 15th.. I read that them along with calls were difficult to hatch, So I was wondering a couple questions.
    Is there anyway I can make it a bit more successfull? whats the best humidity during the hatch days? I been keepign it at 45-54% so far. How long Should I leave them in the bator after they hatch? Im asking all this because..

I was suppose to go to Epcot with my uncle his wife and my younger cousin this month, it figures it picks the 13th, day after lockdown, and I cant stay home because no one wants me home alone, My brother agreed to watch the bator but im kinda nervous about that since he knows nothing about it.. I have no one else who can watch it besides my neighbor and shes FAR from knowing anything not to mention just plain lazy. and they wont pick a different date. Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated. My uncle also suggested taking the incubator to my aunts for the hatch so my cousins lil brother could watch the hatch but thats 2 1/2 - 3 hours away so that would be to long.
    id be gone overnight or possibly even 2 nights but I dont think so.

Also I keep my incubator between 100-101.5 80% of the time, my chicks hatched out on their second day of lockdown, How big of a chance is it that MIGHT happen for the BEI? (hope they do so I know their OK)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Anyone?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by