Advice on worming my chickens Please

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by terrilhb, Jul 9, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok I just went to the TSC and bought Wazine 17. I want to worm my chickens. It says not to use it on chickens that are laying eggs for human consumption. How long after we worm them do we need to wait to eat the eggs again? Also will this wormer be safe to use on my guinea's? Just want to make sure I don't hurt anyone. Thanks

2. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    I'm not sure but I think it's about 14-21 days. Search the site I know I read it before on here.[​IMG]

3. ChristinaJane

ChristinaJane New Egg

Apr 16, 2010
    Look into food grade diatenacious earth. It is natural, so no problem with eggs. You can spread on food and it is supposed to be a treatment for worms. Also, will take care of mites if you dust chickens. If you spread on ground supposed to be good to keep flies, gnats, fleas and ticks away. Seems to be working pretty good for me and do not have to worry about my other animals or children. Have not used it to deworm, but when I looked it up it said it could be used for it.

4. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Quote:where do you buy it at?

5. ChristinaJane

ChristinaJane New Egg

Apr 16, 2010
    I got it from my local feed store. Make sure it is food grade or you can not let the chickens injest it.

6. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    Quote:YES it WILL work on the Guineas. I have used it for years.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Thanks all. I really appreciate all of your knowledge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by