Advice please

Chick_Norris

Chirping
Jun 4, 2018
Connecticut
If anyone could give me any advice would be greatly appreciated plan on putting our chicken coop on the side of the house just not 100% sure of how to enclose that’s area Figured I can use the left side of the fence to attach my chicken wire or hardware cloth but as far as the right side closest to the house not really sure what to do there to be able to attach and connect everything to enclose here a pics of what I’m working with
0C321493-A2A7-4C06-BC86-1571914FEF2B.jpeg

I understand that you do not want to screw things into your siding. Simplest solution would be to bury a post into ground right against building. It would not need to be very deep since you would also run a top rail from fence to post. Attach wire/fencing/hardware-cloth to it.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

The gas company is not going to be happy if they cant read your meter(s). Is the street access on the other side of that fence near the top of the photo? Just something to think about.
Those meters look like they have automatic electronic reading. Many places are converting meters so a vehicle travels down the street and gets meter readings via RF.... :)

I understand that you do not want to screw things into your siding. Simplest solution would be to bury a post into ground right against building. It would not need to be very deep since you would also run a top rail from fence to post. Attach wire/fencing/hardware-cloth to it.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome
Thanks for the help much appreciated, thinking I might do exactly that

The gas company is not going to be happy if they cant read your meter(s). Is the street access on the other side of that fence near the top of the photo? Just something to think about.
I’m thinking of having the chicken run end right before those meters Because I was thinking the same thing which sucks because I was hoping to take up that whole space just so they have more space to run around

Those meters look like they have automatic electronic reading. Many places are converting meters so a vehicle travels down the street and gets meter readings via RF.... :)
Definitely going to look into it because if so that would be great that will give me more space to work with and not have to worry about them having to get back there to check those meters

Back
Top Bottom