Advice please! :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Horsewell, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Horsewell

Horsewell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    England
    [​IMG] just found out my Nana (who is my only real grandparent left that i know) had breast cancer last year, got it removed, and now has it at the base of her spine [​IMG] [​IMG] she went to the hospital and took a sudden holiday to blackpool for a week today, so i dont know what to do or how to feel!

2. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    sorry to here that, my father just passed with lung cancer. there are four stages. so see how her tests go. just be ready for any thing, and love them.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Contact a hospice in your area. They should be able to provide you with information and literature to get you through this.

4. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Quote:great advise, they helped us so much.

5. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Just hang in there it is tough,just be there and be supportive. Also do things with her, like play cards or go through an old photo album. I am going through this with my mother so I know exactly how you feel. Oh and always always get a second opinion before starting treatment or surgery!!

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I lost my dad almost 3 years ago to cancer. The best advice I can give you is to spend time with her and tell her you love her-tell her anything you want her to know and ask her anything you want to know. In other words, make memories...

I will pray for your grandma to make a full recovery.[​IMG]

7. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I lost my cousin to pancreatic cancer 2 months ago. She was 40 yrs old with 2 children. It took her in 5 very long and yet very short months. My prayers are with you.

Hospice is a wonderful and highly informative place.

8. Horsewell

Horsewell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    England
    thank you for all your advice, and support

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by