advice please?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crazy4chicsinBC, Jan 6, 2008.

1. crazy4chicsinBC

crazy4chicsinBC Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2007
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Suki My great pyr got into something outside today, it must have been a dead rotting something out in our feild somewhere.

She STINKS badly. I have shampooed her with doggie shampoo but its still BAD!!! Pyr's are knowen for having sensitve skin and I don't want to cause any more problems by excessive shampooing.

She has SOOOOO much fur, and does not really like the tub, but she is a house dog who thinks my bed is actually hers!

Any advice on what to use to get the smell out????
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got a skunk remedy that works pretty good....don't know if it would help with dead smell tho.
  3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    A friend's dog just got skunked last week. He used a combination of hydrogen pyroxide and baking soda as well as some tomato juice. That worked pretty well but I don't know how it would affect sensitive skin.
  4. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    A rinsing with (full strength) white vinegar will help, and won't harm the dog's skin.
  5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's like my skunk remedy...1 quart of peroxide, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 1 tsp Dawn dishwashing detergent. it has to be Dawn too...because of it's grease/oil cutting ability.
  6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Yup, when I worked for a vet that's what we used on any pet that got into grease etc. And rinsed really well afterward.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by