Advice please....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buzzard chick, Feb 18, 2008.

1. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I just purchased a turner for me incubator because I will be returning to work sooner than expected. I have egg in the incubator now that are12 days along. Do you think they will be ok if I put them in the turner now? Thanks for any advice I've always turned manualy.

Jen

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd go ahead and put them in. I did that once when one of my turners quit and I had to get parts for it.

3. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    ok, i wasn't sure if the different positioning would hurt them. Thanks:frow

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    No problem at all to make the exchange. It will not effect hatch ratios. Only thing that would do that is dropping them. Which a few of us out there over the years have done.

5. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I've come close to dropping them too. Haven't done it yet though. Thanks for the reply.
    Jen

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The only concern I can think of is that the turner motor will produce some heat, so keep an eye on temps after you put it in to make sure they don't go too high. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Jody

7. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I did notice that it produced some heat and I had to turn it down a bit. I thought it was just me. Thanks for clarifying, I'm glad I kept and eye on it.

Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by