Advice please!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kbagwell1, May 17, 2011.

1. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    So hubby and I are in school full time....but I'm taking this summer off because I am done with core classes, just waiting on the nursing program to start in August.

Anyway, I am staying home with the kids to save on daycare/babysitter cost....

I plan on selling chicks, eggs, bunnies etc. while I'm at home....hubby will have the truck at school so I'll be stuck here anyway!

Any ideas on anything else I can do to make alittle money?? We are barely making ends meet right now while we are in school!! Only 15 months to go! Come on graduation!!![​IMG]

Also, any other ideas on how to advertise my chicks, eggs, bunnies etc?? I'm using Craigslist and the Iwanta (a local classifieds paper) right now!

2. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Why don't you keep the kids in daycare and just work full time? You will make way more than you could ever make selling eggs, etc.

3. Kbagwell1

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Because around here there aren't any jobs that pay decent enough to pay for 2 kids in daycare, plus gas back and forth to work/daycare and still have money left over!!

Thats why I have decided to stay home.....

4. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:Gotcha. Good luck, then.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Around these parts it's about $600 a week for two kids in full time day care. It's expensive!!!!!

6. Kbagwell1

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Yea, then you have to figure in $4/gal. for gas.....its ridiculous!

I'd rather sit home....and tend to the chickens/rabbits!! [​IMG]

Anyone know of anything else I can do???

7. aggie9296

aggie9296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    Quote:Around these parts it's about $600 a week for two kids in full time day care. It's expensive!!!!!

GAAA! that's crazy! it would be cheaper to put them up in a day spa. dogs are so much cheaper.

May talk to military spouses, if you can find any. They are pretty good about the home business thing. Pampered Chef, Avon, Longaberger comes to mind.

If you can type, some dictation services hire people to work at home.

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    You might consider babysitting for the summer for less than daycare charges and give someone else a financial break. Just make sure they know the time limit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by