Advice please.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rancher hicks, Nov 6, 2011.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I want to bid on chickens and use my paypal account.

1. is sending payment difficult to figure out?

2. is there anything I should be concerned about when ordering chickens, chicks or eggs?

3. should I be concerned when the seller says "no refunds"?

4. have you ever ordered chicks, chickens, or eggs?

5. how did it go?

Thanks,

Rancher Hicks

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I have oredered eggs and paid through paypal. It isn't difficult, you just select "send funds" or something like that. Just make sure you type their e-mail in correctly. I triple check it. Most egg sellers say no refund - it's pretty standard because eggs can get very manhandled by the post office. IF you are willing to take that risk then go for it. I've had good and bad experiences but none were the sellers fault, just poor handling by the P.O.

I have never ordered chicks or birds though.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've found paypal to be extremely easy to use. I used it with a debit card, so basically I just entered my information and paypal took the money out of my debit card and transferred it over. Very, very easy!

4. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks,

I've been contemplating order from Green Fire and I want to make sure I have everything set up before I do.

Rancher

5. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

OldGal uses PayPal and she has trouble changing to her email account. [​IMG]

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I love paypal. I payed the gardener who helped with DD wedding and the photographer also. There are alot of web sites that take paypal. Paypal also is very concerned about your satisfaction with your product. Refunds go smoothly also. I am only a buyer not a seller.

7. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I do order books on line but most just take my CC. I figure if I want to order eggs or chicks on here it would be easier to just use PP. Though most will let me send a check. I take my rep here very seriously. A good reputation is better to be had than fine riches.

Thanks,

Rancher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by