1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

:**( Advice please.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fly Be Free, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    I have a group of silkies that I put in all at once. I ordered them.

Four hatched on day 21. Today is day 22. Not a pip, a peep, or movement. I've candled and found full eggs but no movement.

There were two that were obviously not 'right'. I opened them. One had stopped development early on and the other was developed but the insides were out and a good part of the yolk was still there. :(

The other eggs I question as it seems that the air sac is larger than where I penciled it. Like the membrane is shrinking. I've had more of a problem with high humidity (that was lockdown day) but I got it under control by that early evening. It only spiked twice and that was for only an hour or two.

Like I said, I have four babies and was awaiting the others. Any ideas? I plan on waiting til day 25. Then I'll get rid of them. :(

They were so lively and now nothing. How could they die so quickly??

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    For us, Silkies are usually early hatchers.

I would bet you are done with your hatch at 4.

It really won't hurt to give them another day or two though.

3. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    :***( Thanks. I was afraid of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by