1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

advise on choosing my Birthday gift

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by newchickowner, Jan 24, 2008.

1. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    My birthday is coming up in Feb and my b/f keeps asking me what I want. I dunno. [​IMG] in a perfect world I'd ask and receive a beautiful new farm like Ruth's!!! [​IMG] But since this ain't no Walgreen's commercial I have to be more realistic. No I can't have a live thing (like a Silkie, [​IMG]) that comes with a food bill. My b/f's rule. But I was thinking a camera. The digital camera I have now is lousy!! I don't know what my b/f is budgeting for my birthday present, but we ain't rich so please keep that in mind.

On another note, what are some of your most memorable birthday gifts or most favorite birthday gift you've ever received?

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    A night at a B&B...they make the best breakfast's and they are less money then most motels.

A message and hair cut or pedicure

He cleans the house while you hold down the couch and remote, followed by dinner being served on a blanket on the living room floor.

Foot rub, Back rub and a box of good chocolate.

My favorite was the Bed and Breakfast at the Oregon Coast.

My birthday is in February too...so happy almost birthday. What day is yours?

3. newchickowner

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    Bed & Breakfast sounds cool but I don't have a babysitter. He just gave me a day at the spa for Christmas & I haven't used it yet. (they are booked) he cleans pretty good..........

But I really like the bed and breakfast thing. Maybe we can make a family thing of it.

My b-day is the 21st. Happy almost birthday to you too!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    I think the biggest treat that I ever get now is quality time with family, or with my SO. You can never buy that, no matter how much money you have. In addition, it costs very little.

But as far as material things goes, I got a fancy rice cooker that really tickled my fancy last Christmas. I didn't even know I wanted it till I received it!

Other than that, maybe a few nice flashlights?

But more than anything, sharing great time with a person you care about [​IMG] So the breakfast in bed (then subsequently lunch in the backyard and a candlelight dinner) sounds great!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    My favorite thing is to get to sleep in! I'm a HUGE sucker for gadgets...... next on my list is a egg steamer..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Oooh! POINTS! [​IMG]

7. newchickowner

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    next on my list is a egg steamer.....

Got one!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!​