advise please please please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Dec 5, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Im on day 22 and nothing absolutly nothing i did a very quick candle this morning so quick it didnt even affect the temp or humidity and couldnt see a thing the airsac is still good only difference it seems to be on a bit of a slant now ? but couldnt see anything else in the egg apart from darkness ,held it to my ear and couldnt hear anything at all so should i do anything else im at my wits end [​IMG]:he:th ,i have some polsih eggs coming next week i am determined to get a hatch i will not give up but when do i say enouth is enouth its not going to hatch ? ,i have been given 2 day old orpingtons and 2 day old silkies which i adore but would have loved my silky to have hatched im so bummed out [​IMG]:hit:hit please please help me

2. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Give them a little longer. Could you see any movement?

3. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    no not realy but like i say it was such a fast candle i was worried about keeping it out of bator to long it was just a huge mass i did have problems at the begining of incubation with temps dropping in the evening but its real good now and has been for the last week i was convinced i saw egg move yesterday but i dont know could just have been me [​IMG]

4. brijay2

brijay2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Waddell AZ
    Mine tend to not move the last day before hatch. The slant down of the aircell means that they should be internally pipping anytime. My last hatch just hatched on day 23 and I don't count the evening I set them. It sounds like they are just like they should be-give them some time!!![​IMG]

5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    ok thanks i will keep my fingers crossed getting it out to candle wouldnt have done any harm would it ?

6. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    No, you didn't do any harm, as long as it wasn't pipped. I check mine for internal pips then I leave them alone when that is spotted.

7. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry you are having a poor hatch. Do you keep track of the development of the air cell? It needs to become fairly large. THe egg looses about 14% of it's weight. Do you keep track of the %RH? How about the temperature? A written history is helpful when trying to determine if there is a problem.

Best of luck next time.

8. acw123

acw123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Charlottesville
    do the water test if no pips.

9. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    that sounds good sounds like your going to have a baby chick anyday now [​IMG]
    that slant means its popped the aircell and started to move into hatch position [​IMG]

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Don't give up yet... I have had chicks hatch on day 23 but others I know have had chicks hatch later than that. Keep faith...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by