Advise please

zeno sama

Hatching
Dec 2, 2016
Santa barbara
Hi everyone im new here.
I have a female quail that was nesting.now her babys are born.
What do i do leave her with her babys in her nest??
The only think i yave in mind is having the area warm enough.im in california and my house is pretty cold but we have been keeping the area warm enough.
The mom has been keeping them warm they were just bork like 3 4 hours ago.
Any help.

Hi everyone im new here.
I have a female quail that was nesting.now her babys are born.
What do i do leave her with her babys in her nest??
The only think i yave in mind is having the area warm enough.im in california and my house is pretty cold but we have been keeping the area warm enough.
The mom has been keeping them warm they were just bork like 3 4 hours ago.
Any help.
Keep the babies with the momma! Nature knows best.

She seems to have taken the mom role seriously we always treated her as a pet.but now thats shes a mo we r just wondering.
From what we saw she was teaching one how them how to eat.
But thank you.
Im just freaked out first time we had quails as a pet and we werent expecting her eggs to hatch ut was a surprise.
The dad past away like 4 days ago=(

She seems to have taken the mom role seriously we always treated her as a pet.but now thats shes a mo we r just wondering.
From what we saw she was teaching one how them how to eat.
But thank you.
Im just freaked out first time we had quails as a pet and we werent expecting her eggs to hatch ut was a surprise.
The dad past away like 4 days ago=(
I'm sorry to hear that... Just keep an eye on them :)

I feel like im the father idk what to do.lol lol
How about the food we grinded the food into smaller pieces for the baby chicks or do i need different food??

Ahh man i hope i find that stuff here in California do you have any good lunks where i can buy it or maybe i can take a good look of what you talk about.

welcome-byc.gif

Does it have to be for quails??
No your fine the food you have needs to be higher in protein it sounds like.
What you need is gamebird starter mash or chick starter mash.... any protein about 24% finely grounded it is great but if you can;t fine any chick starter would be great along with a scrambled up hardboiled egg every so often and give it to them about every 2-3 days for extra protein.
If keep them in a decently warm area nothing around freezing along with the mom they will be fine The mom will keep them warm

Back
Top Bottom