Ae your does like a gang of marauding vikings?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kinnip, Jun 26, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Mine are. I let my boys out to free range and they are the portrait of gentlemanly behaviour (except the leg humping). They stay nearby, browse and listen when I say 'no'. When I let the ladies out, it's like Fleet Week. They march around shoulder to shoulder frightening cats and ripping things apart--THINGS THEY DON'T EVEN EAT! They'll drag the trash out and spread it around. They get on the deck and tear up my herbs. They knock over saw horses laden with lumber. It's unbelievable. What happened to the fairer sex? Until they start behaving they can just sit in their paddock and watch the boys get their fill of ranging.

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I've been letting my goats free range b/c they can get through the gates of the pasture, but I can't seem to keep them away from my cedars!!!!!! Other than that--they are great.

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Maybe Kinnip should stop letting them stay up all night watching Sex & the City and drinking hard lemonade!

4. Western Chick

Western Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Western MN
    OMG! I've noticed this too. I've been letting my does out to graze and I think they purposely go right to my flower beds! I have a crabapple tree that has been stripped except for the very top, all of the flower buds have been chewed off my plants. They're all over the place even started heading down the road. I wouldn't blame them if there was nothing to eat by their pen, but they have an acre and a half of good browse to munch on.

The boys on the other hand, they're content to just graze on the grass right outside the barn. Maybe it's just because they' re more lazy.

5. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Good call BH! I thought those bottles were left by those darn neighborhood kids. Come to think of it, this could explain the busted headlight on my truck.

6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    And if you turn on the tv late at night and see your flock on Goats Gone Wild you'll know its really gone too far.

7. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Oh my gosh, Goats Gone Wild ! I'm laughing! Very funny!

9. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Back atcha; I already about died laughing over the sex and the city and hard lemonade, Hooligan!

10. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG]
    Excellent. I knew if I threw you all a bone you'd weave a web of weird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by