affordable cygnets?

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by sugarbritches09, Jan 18, 2014.

1. sugarbritches09

sugarbritches09 New Egg

Jan 18, 2014
    I have wanted swans forever. I have had other birds for years. I have scoured the internet looking for affordable swan cygnets. I just can't find any. Does anyone have a good resource for that?

I do think we would qualify for a rescue family as well. We have 10 acres and are surrounded by mostly woods, creek and fields. We have a quarter-half acre pond and live at the end of a dead end. I have a good barn the birds could stay in at night if they wanted and winter there as well with the rest of my flock (chickens). Maybe someone here knows of a good organization in PA, OH or NY who is looking for homes for birds I would be very interested.

This is my first post here, but I am a long time lurker/reader. I can't say how much I appreciate this board. :)

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Hello and welcome to BYC!
    Murray Mcmurray has cygnets for sale - depends what you call affordable I guess. I know nothing about domesticated swans, so I'm afraid I can't be much more help, good luck in your search, Sue

3. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Depending on what your definition of affordable is, we have two Black Swans and plan to sell the babies this year. You can PM me to discuss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by