Afghani Chickens

CombatBob

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 3, 2011
So I'm currently on deployment in Afghanistan and have started a small flock (1 hen / 1 rooster). The 2 chickens I have are local birds and I have no clue what breed they are. My hen (Annie) is a very good layer of medium white eggs (about 5 per week). She has a fairly dark brown head and neck with light brown body and dark tail feathers. My rooster (Chuck Norris) has a red head and neck with a deep blue and red body and white on the tips of his wings. His tail is also a mix of blue and red. He almost looks like an Aseel which I could see because they're native to India and unfortunately they still use them for cock fights in this part of the world.

Last edited:
How neat!!!! The breeds there must be really interesting!!

Hope you can find a few more hens and hope you're allowed to have them!!!

Thanks for posting and
welcome-byc.gif

And thanks for your service!!!!
ya.gif

Very cool!!! Congrats on your new flock!!!
ya.gif

Thank you soooo much for your service and everything you guys do for us! Enjoy those chickies!
lol.png

Are you the same one who posted a time ago, asking for what to feed your chickens? If so, welcome back. It's good to see you again.
smile.png
If not,
welcome-byc.gif
We're glad to have you here.

As far as your birds, they look like a mix, but the roo does look much like an Aseel.

They do look like like maylays, but (I know this don't make sense) they also look a bit like cubalayas.

Back
Top Bottom