Afghanistan chickens thread ...

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 6chick*start, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6chick*start

6chick*start Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    NE OKlahoma
    What happened to Norman's Afghanistan chickens thread?

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I was JUST looking for this! Anyone know? Mods?

3. LuvMyBLR

LuvMyBLR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    BUMP! I wanna know what's going on too. And why we weren't allowed to "organize" sending packages to the other soldiers in his unit.

4. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    And why was it that the entire thread was removed and not just locked if a rule or something was broken?

5. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Just my opinion but it was removed since the address & such was in the thread & mods may not have wanted people sending loads of care packages to someone that wasn't verified. I did not run the warrants name through ako but he is a commissioned officer. I know everyone enjoys a care package sometimes. But I personally believe if care packages are going to be sent to random soldiers they should go to lower enlisted first. The guy listed that he was with a CID unit. I he is job is an investigator he should be able to locate chicken feed--- just my opinion as a former soldier & an army wife. I know the soldier did not attempt to soliciate anything but I also know that if my husband was to run across one of his soldiers in a similar situation he would not be a happy comander. Random care packages are usually sent to a vague address & distributed as the unit sees fit. Single soldier & lower enlisted first since they don't get as many packages.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Per the BYC rules (which have been established based on years of experience and previous issues of members being scammed by solicitations for donations). While we realize not all solicitations are scams, there is no way to figure out which are true and genuine, versus which are not, so the rule stands that none are permitted.

12. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.

In addition, this thread violates the following rule. In the future, if you have a question about moderation, feel free to reach out to a moderator or administrator directly via PM.

Moderation
    BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    15. Do not post threads questioning moderation. If you have an issue with one of our rules, moderators, etc. please contact another moderator or a forum administrator
    16. If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by