Aflac Accident insurance? Any experience?

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I broke a tooth this weekend.............apparently my Aflac accident policy may cover a broken tooth as a result of an accident....but not a tooth broken accidently. What the hell? I have already contacted my Aflac contact, and she pretty much said to submit the paperwork and "see what happens". Talk about tomAto vs tomahto.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

so apparently if I slipped and hit my mouth and broke my tooth it would be covered....but if i bit down on a hard spot in food and broke a tooth it would not? What the heck is the difference?

Last edited:
Don't ya love insurance companies?

Our furnace nearly blew up because the builder never set it for LP (it was a natural gas one) when they built the house. It melted and did a mess of damage to the house. Allstate paid for the damage to the house (minus the $1000 deductible), but would not cover the furnace. If we would have just let the house burn to the ground, then we could have got a new one. Go figure? It wasn't a faulty furnace- it was a faulty builder!

Wow. USAA never does those things. I love them. Love them.

If my house is destroyed, USAA says "Paint the letters USAA in big writing, somewhere that can be seen from the road. Frequently, in disasters, there are no mailboxes or homes with numbers to tell the insurance adjuster, where to go."

When the adjuster gets to you, he has a checkbook. He can write you a check, right there, with no paperwork, to cover, not just your home but also 18 months of living in a hotel while your home is rebuilt.

If you get in a car accident, a tow truck will come to the accident, transporting the adjuster. On the tow truck will be another vehicle. This is your rental, paid for by USAA.

I drive a 2006 Mustang GT. It has full coverage I also insure my 1986 F250 4x4 and my 1979 Jaguar XJ-12 and my 1992 Taurus. Guess what it costs to insure all those, with only the Mustang in a garage, at night?

$359 every six months.

It has gone down since I took a video of my insurance.

If you or your spouse or your parent was in the US military, you are eligible. When the hurricanes hit Florida a couple of years ago, I still got a dividend. All those people got paid FIRST. USAA rocks!

Quote:
Hmmm we have USAA insurance too, our rates are a bit higher though - probably because we have a 20 yr old daughter with a SCION and a few speeding tickets...

So far they have been pretty good. They totaled out my husbands car no questions asked in 2008. He was hit hard by a drunk driver.

Quote:
Yeah, they cover my house, my vehicles, provide my credit card (9%?) and one mutual fund, which does terribly. I have not had a ticket/accident/etc., in 19 years. So close to 20!

We are trying to get paid by Aflac now. DH had a procedure on his back and was out of work for a few weeks. We are getting the run a round. Good thing we weren't counting on the money to pay bills.

Quote:
Isn't that what their commercials are about - Money to pay bills???
idunno.gif

Aflac is SPECIFICALLY to cover accidents. And trust me, they DO come through when the circumstances prove it was an accident. Broken leg, slip and fall, anything that make you lose wages, they cover, IF it was accidental. Our premiums are sooo small ($10 a month) that it is worth knowing we have it. Its been used twice now and I am very thankful for it!

Back
Top Bottom