Afraid Rooster will leave my home

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cutiepie960, May 19, 2016.

1. cutiepie960

cutiepie960 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Hello,
    This is Lila Ann i have 1 rooster he was a stray but he's been with me for about 5yrs now he's never left in the 5 yrs since he wandered into my yard & i've been feeding & caring for him ever since.. I was just informed 2 day that my neighbor had just sold his property the problem i am facing is that the tree that my Henry is roosting on & have been roosting on for 5 yrs may or may not be destroyed & cut down & i am deathly afraid that if my soon to be new neighbors do decide to cut the tree down will my Henry leave to try to find another tree to roost away from my home??? This tree has been home to my roo Henry for 5 yrs & it would devastate me if he leaves me to find another tree away from my home...Please help if anyone has info regarding this situation i would greatly appreciate it & put my mind at ease! Thank u everyone...
    Regards,
    Lila & my room Henry...

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I would imagine that he will try and find another roosting spot at your place. If not, you could always build him one.

CT

3. cutiepie960

Feb 24, 2014
    Hello CTKen,
    Thanks so much for the response.. I hope so CT it would break my heart if he were to leave my home...However i heard that roosters r very territorial birds so i would imagine like u said he would try to find a roosting area somewhere at home in the meantime i just worry day to day....
    Much Regards,
    Lila & Henry

4. cutiepie960

Feb 24, 2014
    Hello Everyone!
    U know i have a lonely rooster name henry he came wandering in my yard when i had a girl hen named henrietta she since past & its now only henry i refuse to get another girl hen only b/c i don't want anymore chicks but my neighbors got a whole lot of fighting cocks and hens that gets loose sometimes & i am deathly afraid that they might come wandering in my yard but more afraid that my henry will go over there & i will never see him again.... Note: My Henry has never in my 5 yrs wandered away from my home but i'm afraid that if those girl hens come a calling he will leave my home... I have nighmares of this happening & just constantly worry about him wandering away...Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
    Lila Ann

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by