1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"African Cats" the movie--

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sourland, May 8, 2011.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Has anyone seen this movie? If so please share your opinions about it. Some great shots of African wildlife and the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. Disney did not overdo the story line (you know they had to have one), and represented the harshness of nature in a relatively realistic fashion. I took the Princess as her mothers day gift.[​IMG] Honest, she said she wanted to go.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I really want to see this movie. Was it worth it???

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I've seen the movie 4 times! [​IMG] Its fabulous, and so stunning! I think Disneys' out-done themselves with this Earth Day movie this year! [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Most definately, Debi! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love anything about lions. It's on my "to-see" list. Well, it's the ONLY one on the list.

6. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Lots of coverage on both lions and cheetahs. There are five mature male lions featured in parts of the movie, and they are flat out awesome. The cheetah and lion interactions are really interesting as well as the cheetah footage. Both the Princess and I really enjoyed the movie.

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Was there any killing or any other graphic "nature-y" things that went on? I wanted my kids to see it but I was scared that it would show the food chain of events. I know it's Disney, but I wasn't sure. I know its all just nature but my kids and I prefer not to see the more graphic way of a lions life. Looks like a cute movie!

8. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Uh-uh. No way!! Not gonna see it ever!! I will definitely [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I prefer it not be too "Disney", personally, but love real life lion stuff. Will have to check this one out.

10. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:There were two "kill" scenes. One by the lions and one by the cheetah. They were not particularly graphic. There was also a scene where hyenas killed two baby cheetahs- this was not pictured, but the little boy sitting in front of us started [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by