African goose issue

Discussion in 'Geese' started by crj, Nov 21, 2011.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I'm hoping someone can please tell me this is just a phase. My 5 month old Super African goose is starting to attack peoples feet then work up there pant legs. She is not only biting the pants but getting a chunk of leg. This is bad. It's all of a sudden. I'm trying to stop her from this but nothing is working so far. She doesn't bother me just some people. At first I thought it was a shoe string thing but it's gone beyond that. I already have a tom turkey I have to put up when people come over I can't image having to put up a goose too.

Has anyone been able to stop this type of behavior? I want to stop her now before she gets older. It's just nuts. No warning either..... just goes right for the feet. It's sort of funny but not when she goes for the leg. I don't want her to hurt anyone.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    My Gander Has recently started this behavior. For now when ever he does this I pick him up and hold him. Don't let him struggle out. When he finally settles down I set him back down. At this moment it seems to put a stop to this.

3. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one leg climber. he's being overly friendly when its going on so I tend to wonder if yours is doing the climbing out of dominance? she may be just being protective and is checking people out for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by