Africans and Canadians.

cheyfrie26

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
Can they grow up together? I mean about two years ago there was a African THAT MIGRATED with some Canadians. I know that sounds strange or whatever but its true. What i'm asking is, do they get along? Which is harder to raise? Does anyone have both?

We hatched an orphaned Canadian egg 3 weeks ago. We then got 2 chinese last week as companions. I did not think Africans could fly but know that Chinese can if needed. The breeder we got the goslings from had Chinese only but visiting Canadian, they did not get along but tolerated each other for the most part. What a sight that must have been.

Several years ago an African hen was dumped at a local park. She mated with a Canada gander, and they raised 3 goslings. She was killed that autumn by a predator, but the 3 hybrids are still alive. They fly with the local Canada geese (non migratory flock) and must be 10+ years old now. It was interesting to see the Canada gander and the domestic communicating each speaking in their own language. It is also interesting to note that in a flock of 50 to 75 geese these 3 always hang somewhere near one another. I wonder if Canada siblings and their mates do the same thing? Sort of like an extended family?

Back
Top Bottom