After 17 years I called

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Damummis, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Yup, it has been 17 years since my Grampa died. I called Gram after 17 years. Long story that has seemed to turnout good.
    My DGF died of pancreatic cancer the day I visited and told him I loved him and he could go. Not that I had that right but I think people need to hear that sometimes. Gram thought otherwise. She thought I killed him. [​IMG] I know she was sad but to blame it on me really hurt, that is why I haven't called. For some reason I felt like calling today. Glad I did.

Just had to share, hopefully someone can relate.

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Good for you. That had to have felt a lot better for both you and her.
    sharon

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] It should make you feel better now.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] For the loss, for the blame, and for having the strength to make that call before it was too late.

5. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Gram is 95. I am at peace now. Granted I wish I could say what I said face to face but I am 4 states away. We had a nice long talk. I really wish I could give her a huge huge....

6. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    I'm glad you did and I'm sure she feels a sense of peace too [​IMG]

7. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Quote:I think so too, if not I at least made her laugh.

I miss all the interaction with the Grands, and she is the last. I learn so much from the collective knowledge and it will soon be gone. How sad....

8. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    The best you can do is keep in touch and listen maybe you will be able to visit-just like your phone call-you might just get up one day and go see her-time is the best gift we can give someone. [​IMG]

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] and another [​IMG]

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Good for you! I'm glad you made that call, rather than regret not trying forever and a day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by