after 8 years you'd think they would catch on!!!! REALLY upset.

You've got yourself a really good guy with a decent head on his shoulders. Congratulations! I think you both should be very pleased with the family you have, and be happy to dump the stinky egg ones.

I think far too many women under value the good guys, you obviously don't. Bravo to both of you

mom'sfolly :

You've got yourself a really good guy with a decent head on his shoulders. Congratulations! I think you both should be very pleased with the family you have, and be happy to dump the stinky egg ones.

I think far too many women under value the good guys, you obviously don't. Bravo to both of you

Ya...he's alright!!!!! LOL..he is reading the posts, we don't wan tot give him a big head now...ahahahaha, but yes he is super great, and I love him to death. What surprised me the most about him is how great of a dad he is!!! His step dad sure made a good man out of him :) and he keps getting better and better as the years go by!!​

Last edited:
Let him read the posts! Men like that are hard to come by sometimes. Women do not know how to appreciate in what they got or their man is still in the Cro Magnon stages LOL!

Glad to hear there is another "true family" for you guys. Stick with them and avoid the poisoned ones.
your life will be just wonderful.

I understand completely...you are big on Family...you have your family. Your husband and little girl are your family, first and foremost. Do not try to keep your husband and his family on good terms because it is impossible...only they can do that.

I can count the words spoken to me by my FIL on one hand....10 years later he does not speak to me even with me in visiting in his house. I just ignore him. I have spoken my piece to him and his wife, told them what I thought of his behavior, rudeness and childishness....and it is over and done. If he wants to go visit them....go ahead. If I choose to go and ignore my FIL I do, if I choose not to, I don't. I have told them that they are both welcome in my home however my FIL's rudeness will not be tolerated inside my home...if he cannot speak to me and act like a civil human being to stay his butt at home...so he has thusfar. If he visits and is not civil, I will show him to the door no problemo. My husband and children are my family and my parents and sister are our extended family...whom always treat my husband respectfully and they love him as family. The difference...if my family behaved that way towards my husband all hellz would break loose because my family would see my back leaving with him as their last image of me. I will not tolerate disrespect. If they did not like him, fine but they will be civil.

Just walk away and let them wallow in their self destruction...as you are seeing, in the end they want their son...he is a grown man who has chosen to not accept their behavior, stop trying to force him to, because they will not change.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
What Cetawin said! When my wife and I married 46 years ago, we committed to one another and the family we created. There was dysfunction in both our families, and we wanted something better. Relationships were maintained, but on our terms. Toxic attitudes were addressed, corrected or eliminated. Our motto is "Together, we can conquer anything." That's how we do it-together. Sounds like you and your husband have the same sort of relationship. Set your terms, eliminate the negatives and continue on.

Back
Top Bottom