after all the trouble and disasters

Discussion in 'Geese' started by duck walk, Dec 5, 2010.

1. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    four of the eight eggs have pipped...we had two power outages where the temps dropped significantly and before that, the dogs were playing near the 'bator and pulled the plug...it was out for about five hours and the temp was in the 60's when I discoverd it and plugged her back up...I was sure my goslings were dead, but this morning, after giving them an extra day prior to giving up, I was standing at the sink and heard some weird noise...could not locate the source but took the flashlight and checked on the eggs...four pips and now cheaping...who wudda thunk? I am so thrilled...I hope they make it out by morning...I am biting my knuckles to keep from the serious temptation to open the 'bator and check on the quiet eggs...

I have saved goose eggs this week to attempt another hatch if this one ended badly...I am getting lots of eggs...I have to say, Herb the Pom gander is such a dolt...my other ganders are mating with the girls but Herb? All I see is a goose head sticking out from under his butt and her butt in his face...I need to buy him a book or something...

2. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    This morning I have one gosling out, one 3/4 out and another about half way...more pips and more to come...so excited...so far it is two White Chinas...one of the pips has a dark bill so he is a Brown China or a Brown/White cross...so excited...

note to self: it is too soon to open the incubator...keep your hands off the incubator...don't open the incubator...STOP staring at the incubator...go do something...

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Congratulations on your goslings!! You may have to start writing those words to keep yourself busy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by