After care for Bumble Foot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Christii, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    I am frazzled, sorry for the "all over the place" post.

My Ziggy has Bumble Foot on both feet. She just had the first one done. She is SPENT & she is soooooo pale. Her comb & waddles barely have any color & she is just exhausted. I don't have any electrolytes to add to her water. I am so scared she is gonna die. Is there anything in the household/pantry that could help?

She has barely pinked up but is drinking water. She went in her nest & layed an egg right after having the foot dealt with. (Thought that she had already layed her egg today).

Also, what kind of plain yogurt can I give her later? She has a really red bottom and am worried about Vlleet butt??? We gave her a warm bath to get the poo off before we started soaking her feet. (No discharge that I can see)

Hate worrying. The foot procedure went well, but took a long time as it was bad. I feel like a horrible chicken mommy cause I just noticed it 2 days ago. I hadn't been taking care of the girls for the last few weeks cause I just had surgery, but HOW did I not see her owies? I am out here with them every day. . . .

Any advice would be great! Ziggy is the SWEETEST chicken ever. I mean like snuggles & rubs noses & totally lovie. I would be devestated if something happened to her.

Oh, here are some pics of her feet before & some of her bum after soaking. Though she looks naked in the back, her feathers fluffed right up after she dried off.

One of the foot images would not upload .

Attached Files:

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  2. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    Omgosh!!! She has color back!!!!

Attached Files:

3. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    Here is her bum all dry...

Attached Files:

4. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    Glad she looks better!!!

5. MissMaple

MissMaple Songster

Mar 1, 2018
    Rhode Island
    I hope she recovers well! You are doing a great job. So glad she got back he color. Go Ziggy!

6. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    Omgosh YES! I was bawling & so scared.

7. MissMaple

MissMaple Songster

Mar 1, 2018
    Rhode Island
    Did you do the surgery yourself?

8. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    Do those other pics look like that Fleet Butt?

9. MissMaple

MissMaple Songster

Mar 1, 2018
    Rhode Island
    Gleet?

ButtonquailGirl14 and Christii like this.
  10. Christii

Christii Chirping

Oct 1, 2017
    SD
    My daughter did it while her dad held Ziggy. She did an amazing job. It was her first time (after we all did a lot of research), so it took quite a while.

I was too upset to be in the room. I could save a stranger, but lose my cool (lol I am NOT cool) when it comes to my babies - kids, dogs, cat, chickens).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: