after eggs hatch does any1 have trouple deciding which1's to keep?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bock_Bock, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    I already know i am keeping my first born which is a silkie x but i also want to keep my naked neck chick, but then i also want a ee, and then i have this really nice colored silver and black chick i want to keep, what do i do i dont know

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    How many can you keep?

Then pic your favs.

I'm just hoping I get enough so that I can give some away.

I am rehoming a roo and 6 of my hens this Friday. I'm probably sacrificing a dozen eggs a week but they will give me more room for the little ones.

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i can not have any more chicks/chickens a si live in the city but i am prob going to get rid of the hen as she hasnt layed in a couple months for some reason, and then my rir roo and i still got to figure what my barred rock wannabe is cuz if ti si a roo then it is going too if it is a hen then it is staying, but i could prob keep another 2 or 3 bu ti might keep for till they get a few week older or more till i can tell if they are hens or roos so i know hwich i can keep so if i decide to keep 4 then when they are old enough to tell i will get rid of the roos and keep the pullets but i will see, this just really sucks

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ah the blessings of hatching and keeping chickens!

5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    yes but it really stinks i dont have room for them all

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    No I dont have a problem,,,I keep them all [​IMG]

7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok so im guessing you are a contry person with room i am a city person with no room and laws against me

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    No sorry [​IMG] I guess I am being a little too silly and not funny. I keep them till they are about 2-4 months old, then I weed them out and sell the ones I dont want. Or give them to good homes. I would say that I would have to keep them at least 2 months to Know which ones I would want. If that helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by