after giving up on my lg incubator.. I HAVE 94 CHICKS!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FLURRYOFTEXAS, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FLURRYOFTEXAS

FLURRYOFTEXAS Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    texas
    I tried the little giant incubator and had to throw out 4 different hatching and only hatching 5 chicks. i had enough of the disappointment and frustration so i bought a gqf incubator and hatcher. out of 100 eggs i hatched 95 chicks!!!! boy what a relief i was so happy to wake up and have 20 chicks starring at me and when i got home from work another 30 running around...these big cabinet incubators are the way to go!!!!!

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Amen

3. eeyore75

eeyore75 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    That's what I want to get next year......... a big one..... 3 trays & a hatching drawer...... so much trouble I'd get in!!!!!!

4. FLURRYOFTEXAS

FLURRYOFTEXAS Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    texas
    [​IMG]

5. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    What a beautiful sight!

Whatcha got in there?

6. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    I saw a sportsman on E bay for something like mid 400's yesterday. I have the Sportsman 1502 and have 235 in it right now, looking forward to Saturday evening when I should have a pile running around.

7. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:awww what do you have in there?

8. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Oh, it looks like I may see some Welsummers or Speckled Sussex, Barred Rocks, RIR/Production Reds, some sex-links(?), EEs (?) and I think I see some turkeys in there!

I just went looking for a new incubator... I think I want the Sportsman 1502. It has the same features than the Brinsea Ova-Easy 190/380 for less money. Yep, lets see how that one goes over with my husband.

Edited to fix the brain/finger lag induced typo.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I love my Sportsman. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    Cmom likes her sportsman because she's in Florida and never has to turn it on it's so warm there. [​IMG] Now I'm in the cold, so mine runs heating all the time but I don't care, it's the best unit for me. Now the 1550 hatcher is another story, that puppy sucks down water like crazy. Lockdown? Yea, it'll run out of a gallon of water in a day. Yes, I ordered the optional bucket but UPS (Un Professional Services) appearantly lost it when it got here. So, I'm back to the old fast pour.

Mine should be hatching tomorrow, 235 went into the hatcher, I'd be happy if I got 175. 36 were shipped eggs so I'm not putting much hope out for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by