1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

After just a couple of days on here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by candypantsyarns, Jan 6, 2009.

1. candypantsyarns

candypantsyarns Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    Dale, TX
    I want to know more! You guys/gals are addicting! The chicken stories, hatchings, and general side comments have me rolling. [​IMG]

I came to the board here first because I had a couple of questions since we had just started with the chickens, and now I have grand plans to use an incubator and try to raise some more of our own. I fully intended on just keeping an handful of birds for fresh eggs for the family, and now I want eye candy because of all of you. I think I might have an addictive behavior problem developing quickly. [​IMG]

In addition to my chickens, I have 4 or 5 cats that the mama cat just dropped off and left, 3 rat terriers - hopefully soon to be just 1 if those puppies can just go to good homes, and 5 kids ranging in age from 2 almost 3 to 13 almost 14, that I home school. (Part of the grand plan, I think is we will use the big kids to build a couple of bators, and I will buy one, and we will see who can get theirs to work after researching how to do it [​IMG] Seems like a great Jr High project.)

So now, share a little if you will about you!

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG]

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Welcome CPM!
    [​IMG]

I live in MN, have 12 chickens, started this year, and also love the BYC. I've learned PRETTY MUCH everything I need to know about chickens on here, and have made a few really good friends on the way.

Where do you hail from?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Welcome to BYC! this site, and its members, certainly is addicting. We're glad to have you on board with us. [​IMG]

5. candypantsyarns

Jan 4, 2009
    Dale, TX
    We live in Dale, TX...if you know where Austin is, Bastrop and Lockhart, just triangulate...we are in the middle of the 3 LOL

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:This takes me back to my FFA days...

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I guess there is no need to tell you that you will become addicted......

8. candypantsyarns

Jan 4, 2009
    Dale, TX
    Quote:nope...no need....my poor hubby and best buddy already are sick of you guys I think LOL
    I made them look up silkies already, and reminded them that my birthday in in a few days and a bator would be a good present [​IMG]

9. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I totally know how you feel, by husband thinks i am nuts for getting on this forum all the time. Every spare second i have, i am looking stuff up and seeing what i can learn about on here. It is great! i have 24 week old chicks right now oh wait 23 we just lost a RIR this morning. My husband was sad because she was the runt [​IMG] awe how cute he was sad. Anywho, i have 5 RIR 6 EE and 2 silkies (I added these to my order after i found this site!) I also have 10 roos that we plan on eating when they get old enough. I have to name them something cleaver like soup or stew or something!

10. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    candypants - LOVE the area of TX you're from. It's one of our favorite places to vacation. GREAT music, food, people. And we can two-step without people looking at us like we're from a circus side-show.

Again, Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by