After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

Pics

happy duck

Crazy duck mom
Mar 24, 2018
Small town
My Coop
My Coop
Since owning ducks I have never been able to eat an egg with the same pride and tasty element as when I was not raising my little ducks. I am so disappointed cuz I loved eggs, but now I am having a hard time getting it down! Are there other BYC members having just a hard time getting those eggs down?

Still, it's tissue manufactured inside an animal. :sick I'm a vegetarian for a reason. That's just gross to me, but sometimes I need some complete protein so I eat them. :rolleyes:
I find it amazing how they can convert chicken feed and bugs into something so delicious and nutritious. What was that old jingle about the incredible, edible egg?

I have a hard time eating commercial eggs, bland pale things that they are, from those overcrowded miserable birds.
To the OP: it's a cultural issue here in the USA, IMO. Food appears in boxes at the grocery store, totally unrelated to the farm, mother nature, or anything 'real' beyond that store shelf. Only about 2% of us are rural, not city, and can connect to the food chain directly. I too cleaned the fish I caught when I was a kid!
I could go on and on, but rant over, for now!
Mary

No problem. I am confusing myself to. To clear myself up: it is hard to just eat eggs in general just cuz I own the poultry....if that makes since.

I think it's kinda cruel to keep an animal which goes through all that effort for you, and then to NOT consume the output of those loving efforts.

Then again, I live on Mars...

Do ya like Figs? Just wondering.
View attachment 1572784
Plus, most things colored red are made out of ground up bugs, and jello is made of cartilage. I know I can't avoid consuming a few critters in my life. I didn't say I was vegan. Those folks are crazy. :p I do have one foot in reality.

Back
Top Bottom