1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AFTER THAT ESCAPPED PIGLET in the dark!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Jan 29, 2012.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    We been wanting and looking for piglets so we can start breeding them. well yesterday after months of looking we finally got one that was close by my husband was soooooo happy their was so many to pick from i wanted the runt but at the moment she has a bad cut so they wanted to docter her up real good befor we take her (great ppl by the way) so we got another black girl who never been messed with and u could tell lol we get her home and after i feed her she was so sweet my husband was tickled to death that he had a new piggy i named her squeakers from all the crying she did when we picked her up when first seen her lol. my husband was worried when i put my hand in the cage she would bite me but i dont listen lol i scratched her head and she didnt seem to mind then i scratched her belly and she was putty in my hands she rolled over and had a big piggy smile on her face cutiest thing i ever seen in a long time we put her in our chicken coop cuz shes been around chickens before and my chickens didnt seem to mind. I told my husband to put blocks all around the fence line cuz she will escape (never listens to me either) i go in to start doing up my taxes and eat some pizza, my husband goes fishing down in our pond with his brother. hour later his brother is busting into our room yelling the pig escaped.[​IMG] i go outside and see my husband across the field chasing the lil thing i couldnt help but laugh even tho i feel bad for him cuz if he lost it be alot of money down the drain we didnt have. me and his brother run all the way across the field (15 acres) to help him only for the lil thing run all the way back to the house i was tired so i walked back up only to see when i was half way there she was running back down to me. i got really and zoom she went i didnt have a chance lol and all this is when the sun was going down by the way. and this time she went all way to the neighbors field and disappeared my husband went and got his gun and said "next time i see it i'll shoot it not wasting my money" well i told him he shoots it i'll kick his butt lol just then here comes the lil big again running back to the house. we spent 4 hours outside in the cold dark doing this her running off and then runnning back to the house we almost had her a few times but each time something went wrong liek the dog scared her off befor the boys could make it back up there then the horses would do the same thing [​IMG] it was freezing out so everytime the boys go out in the field i would go in the chicken coop and snuggle with my hens and ducks so they could keep me warm in front of the heating lamp. about 9 pm i got tired and told the boys i give up if she keeps coming to the house i know she wants back in badly so my husband set up his live trap for raccoons and put corn in there maybe hoping she would go in it. Befor i went to bed i prayed to god that nothign would happen to lil squeakers and went to sleep i woke up at 8 this morning to see my husband getting dressed already ready to go outside. i was to tired havent had a good night sleep in a while i told him i'll join him in a few. he goes outside to check the trap .... empty [​IMG]. so he goes in the chickencoop to feed them and check for eggs and there she was snuggled up to her cage (i had chickens in it cuz they was picking on them even tho they know them) he picked her up and brought her inside her poor lil ears so could and shes very tired as i type now lil squeakers is snuggled up beside me wrapped in my blanket sound asleep........we want to be mad at her but it so hard to when we look at that cute lil face lol[​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Congrats on the piglet. Glad to read it come back.I look forward to seeing some pics.

3. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    i got a cute lil pic of her in the duck pool but its on the phone and dont have a cord to put on computer when income tax come in can finally get me a new camera lol

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Why would he shoot her??

5. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    he said if he cant catch her and raise her then he'll kill her and eat her now... he thinks shooting things fix everything[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Oh, i see. Its a meat hog then.. I didnt know that. :)

7. chickenbuttsowhat

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    when we ffirst got her she was going to be a meat hog but now i think we r going to use her for breeding not sure what he wants from the lil thing lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by