1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

After today, I know what breed I want next!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shelleyb1969, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Today was my first ever poultry show...Michigan FowlFest. It was such an incredible adventure! [​IMG] Miss_Jayne and I had a blast, to put it mildly. [​IMG] And now I know what my next breed of chicken will be. The magnificent black Australorp. Those birds are beauties! [​IMG] Of all the heavy breeds at the show today, those were my fave by far. Now...should I wait until spring, or get some now? [​IMG]

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Songster

May 1, 2008
    Shelley-
    It was nice to meet you. I wish I had been able to stay longer at Fowlfest. Regretably, DD fell ill & we had to leave. [​IMG] I met Opa in the parking lot. I also spoke with the gentleman from Owosso who gave us the Showgirl eggs that have been in my 'bator for 2 weeks...[​IMG]
    I fell in LOVE with the Buff Orps today. That is the breed I want to acquire next.

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Songster

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Now. Of course.

4. shelleyb1969

It was great meeting you too, BayCityBabe! Sorry I didn't get much time to talk to you...when Baby's gotta go, Baby's gotta go! Especially being new at potty training! I hope we get to meet up again sometime. I thought the Orps were nice, but something about those black Australorps just mesmerized me. Gots to get me some!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hmmm...let's see, MAYBE Shell will let me order 8 chickens on her order.....australorps and orpingtons....[​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

That would be great Miss_Jayne. [​IMG] That way I don't have to order a boatload to get what I want. So now....let me go get an order together! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yeaaaah! my hubby thought it was a grand plan! what's that sound in the background at your house? pip, pip, pip...javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]', '');
    [​IMG]

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    shelleyb1969
    I have two 22 week old black australorps that I will be willing to sell you. I started out with 34 chicks back in May and have been busy reorganizing my flock so that I have 2 hens of each of the breeds I like. Yesterday I picked up 2 speckled sussex and since I currently have 4 BAs, 2 will have to go. Let me know if you are interested.

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    shelleyb1969
    I have two 22 week old black australorps that I will be willing to sell you. I started out with 34 chicks back in May and have been busy reorganizing my flock so that I have 2 hens of each of the breeds I like. Yesterday I picked up 2 speckled sussex and since I currently have 4 BAs, 2 will have to go. Let me know if you are interested.

10. shelleyb1969

Thanks so much Opa. I would love, love, love to buy your BA hens, but according to mapquest, you're 90 miles away from me. [​IMG] Once again, just my luck! [​IMG] You don't ever go to Flint do you? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: