1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

again already - Guys or Dolls???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by La Banan, Nov 1, 2008.

1. La Banan

La Banan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

This is the smaller and darker of the glw - it is about 13 weeks old. Any idea??? Can't find the pointy feathers on it but might not be looking right - its bro is definitely a bro - tail feathers - shiny pointy head feathers etc... but not sure of this one.

Here is another view of same bird -

[​IMG]

here is one of three BRs named Marion - any ideas. Earlier I think a few of you said cockerel. I'm hoping one of them is going to be named Marion but I fear if one is a cockerel they all are as they are pretty much of a muchness...
    [​IMG]

and again a BR...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you all can help me as I have to re-home the boys...
    or....
    la banan

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i think you have all boys . The barred rocks look of good quality !!!

Could you get better pics of the gold laced wyandotte from the side ?

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    The #1 golden is definately a roo as it is developing saddle feathers. The barreds look male to me as well and I can't tell about the #2 golden, the pic isn't good enough. Hope this helps [​IMG]

4. La Banan

La Banan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Rats!

Number 1 & 2 are the same bird - I know the other glw is a boy. That means out of 12 birds we got four hens. Bad word goes here. I'm not even going to show pictures of the ones I'm sure are hens (or ru's), I just couldn't tell with the glw one and the barred rocks. Maybe I'll get Ron to hold each one so I'm sure I have a pic of every one. It's hard to take pics with the digital as it seems to click just as they move unlike my real camera...

oh well.
    jan

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Nice barring on those BR's! Wow!

6. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm STILL thinking of making that trip up for one of those Barred Rocks!!!!!

All males...LOL...sorry!

7. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:I think you have ALL hens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by